Designed for updates, bits of undeniable wit, unasked for wisdom and story scraps.

Currently Available Books

Friday, June 17, 2011

Apartment 12- Carmen's Magical Llama

A new portion of Apartment 12 for your enjoyment!


Carmen’s Magical Llama



The sun was still high and the forest wasn't too thick at this point…we couldn't be too far from civilization, could we? I turned round and round, staring at the manzanita and oak trees.


"Let's face it guys, we're lost. There's no way we're going to find our way out of here anytime soon." I sighed and leaned against one of the trees.


The group of people behind me visibly sagged, they all believed I could lead them out. Why? How the hell was I supposed to know? When we went the wrong way they all just turned to me and expected me to magically find a way through the fricken forest. If anyone had asked me, I would have said it was damned annoying. Unfortunately, no one was asking me.


Someone I didn't recognize stood suddenly, gasped and pointed somewhere behind me. The others began to perk up. I turned around slowly. At first, I had no idea what they were so excited about, but then my eyes beheld the wonder. Standing very still, almost hiding behind one of the Manzanita, was a creamy white llama. Not just any llama though, he was the-


"The Magical Llama!" I exclaimed.

He looked at me and cocked his head to the side. Without notice he bounced a little, just a small jump to the side. I walked slowly toward him, it would not do to scare away the Magical Llama.


Again he bounced, but this time it was away from me. The crowd behind me seemed to hold their breath, afraid that I was scaring him, but I knew better…he was going to lead us out of the forest.

I grinned and started following him at a quicker pace. He was fast, that little hopping monster, but he never got too far away. Before I knew it we were standing in someone's backyard, between the swimming pool and the trampoline. I turned to the Magical Llama, he winked at me and I felt so happy.


"Thank you so much your Mysticalness, you've been such a help."


He walked toward me, slowly bending his neck…He would give me a gift. I knew the legends of the Llama. The next moment was worth waiting lifetimes for. I closed my eyes, afraid to meet his and then-


"Carma! Wake UP! NOW! That's the fifth time I've called you this afternoon!"

"Aghhhh! Vega! Didn't I tell you never to wake me up? How am I supposed to know what the

Magical Llama's eternal gift is if I'm not there to see it?!" I rolled over, diving under the pillows to hide from my roommate.

There was a pause in Vega's tirade, "You dreamed about the damn llama again?"

"Yes! And this time he was going to give me a gift and now I'll NEVER know what it was!"

I heard her take a deep breath, "Oh my God, Carma. Oh my God. You're late for work dumbass. Get up! I won't pay your half of the rent."

~-~-~
Thank you for reading! Your comments are welcome and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment